Thursday 29 December 2011

Baked Potatoes


This is so simple that it is disgraceful. The only reason I am putting it in is that when I gave it to my cousin she kept phoning me to ask questions, such as do the potatoes needed wrapping in tinfoil.
The potatoes are cooked in the same oven as a chicken. Just put them in ½ hour earlier.
Ingredients
  As many potatoes as you require for the people you are feeding.
Select potatoes that bake well – with high water content.
  Optional: bunch of chives that have been snipped into small pieces with scissors
Steps
1.  Wash each potato and clean them so that there are no eyes.
2.  Place the potatoes on the bottom rack of an oven heated to 180°C.
3.  Leave them there for 1 ½ hours.
4.  The skin will be crisp and the filling soft. Both are edible.
5.  I often serve this halved, with some butter on top (really not required) and sprinkled with chopped chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment